Raleigh General Hospital is pleased to provide free Internet access for portable computers and devices capable of receiving specific wireless signals for use by our patients, visitors and guests.
While we do provide wireless access, we do not provide laptops or other devices to connect to the internet.
To access our wireless network, you will need:
- Your own laptop, PDA, or other wireless-enabled device with a standard Internet browser and WI-FI capability
- Up-to-date virus protection on your wireless device
- Printers are not available via the wireless network
Note: A card that displays WI-FI approval should perform well. Installation requirements for specific cards vary by manufacturer. Please follow the manufacturer's recommendations when installing your card. Default settings for most cards are set to accept broadcast SSID.
- Enable your wireless adapter
- Double click on your wireless network icon in toolbar
- Choose Guest_Access, click next, click connect.
- Open Internet Explorer
- You will see a security warning asking if you want to allow to open site, click Yes, you will see the same message again, click Yes.
- You should see the LifePoint Guest Network page
- Read acceptable usage policy and click on I agree
- You are then connected to the Raleigh General Hospital Home Page
- From here, you may go to any internet site
If you have problems accessing the Internet over the wireless network, hospital staff cannot assist in making changes to your device or network setting or perform any troubleshooting on your device. You will need to refer to your owners' manual or seek other support services. IS will provide limited connectivity assistance for getting started.
Please note the following:
- Raleigh General Hospital will not be responsible for any personal information (e.g credit card) that is compromised.
- Raleigh General Hospital will not be responsible for any damage caused to your hardware or software due to electric surges, security issues or consequences caused by viruses or hacking.
- You must use the wireless network in a responsible manner, and in compliance with federal, state and local laws; including, but not limited to, not transmitting or receiving illegal or harmful material, committing fraud, or downloading copyrighted material.
- Restriction and/or monitoring of a minor's access to the Raleigh General wireless network are the sole responsibility of the parent or guardian.