Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information
Our hospital is committed to providing the highest quality care and ensuring the safety of our patients, employees, providers, volunteers and visitors. We are continuing to monitor the evolving situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19) and are taking the necessary steps to ensure we are fully prepared to care for patients, in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and in partnership with our local and state health departments.
Below are a number of resources to help educate you and your family on COVID-19. For more information on the virus, please contact the health department.
COVID-19 Online Risk Assessment
To help support the health of our community, we are providing access to an online COVID-19 risk assessment developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This tool does NOT provide a diagnosis, and it should NOT be used as a substitute for an assessment made by a healthcare provider.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (www.cdc.gov/)
- Beckley-Raleigh County Health Department (www.beckleyraleighhealthdept.org)
- West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR) (www.coronavirus.wv.gov)
- West Virginia Hospital Association – (www.wvha.org/)
Call DHHR's COVID-19 information hotline 24/7, toll-free at 1-800-887-4304.
Visitor Restrictions and Screening Guidelines
At Raleigh General Hospital, our top priority is safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our patients, providers, employees and community. We continue to closely monitor the prevalence of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community and follow state and federal guidance as we adapt our operations to safely care for and support our patients. As current projections continue to indicate a lower than expected volume of COVID-19 in our region, effective Tuesday May 26th 2020, we are easing our visitor policy as follows:
- The following patients will be limited to one WELL visitor per day:
- Patients having procedures, such as surgeries, endoscopies, colonoscopies and cardiac catheterizations.
- Pediatric patients will be allowed one parent or guardian only.
- Obstetric patients will be allowed to have one support person with them for their entire hospital visit.
- End-of-life care - limited exceptions will be made for end of life and medical necessity as determined by the care team.
- All visitors must be 12 years of age or older, will be screened upon entry and will be required to bring their own mask and wear it at all times while in the facility.
- Visitors who do not pass the screening at entry will be asked to reschedule their visit until they are symptom-free.
- We continue to screen everyone who enters our facilities for symptoms consistent with COVID-19, per CDC guidelines.
- Please utilize alternative methods of communication, including technology, with patients as much as possible.
- Inpatient visiting hours will be from 2pm-6pm daily.
- Visitors are NOT allowed for high-risk, isolation, immunocompromised or respiratory patients who are under observation or test positive for COVID-19.
Signage is being posted around the facility notifying visitors and the community of these new restrictions and guidelines.
Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation as we work to maintain a safe environment for our patients and team.
- Maintaining a Clean and Safe Environment
- Taking Care of Your Child's health and Wellness during COVID-10
- Resuming Elective and Non-Urgent Surgeries and Procedures 4.30.20
- Cloth Face Coverings Instructions and Guidance from CDC
- Testing FAQs
- COVID-19 What Raleigh General Hospital is doing and what you can do
- Are you experiencing symptoms?
- Hand Hygiene Reminders from the CDC
- Telemedicine Services