Senior Friends' Calendar of Events
– FIRST WEDNESDAY OF EACH MONTH at Leisure Lanes, Beckley
Join our Team Captains George and Margot Basham for three fun games of Bowling. You don't have to be a pro, just be willing to laugh, play and have fun. You might even win a prize! Cost: $6.00 includes 3 Games & Shoes
Dance or Step Aerobics
– EVERY MONDAY AND FRIDAY 5:00 - 6:00 PM at the Beckley YMCA
– EVERY MONDAY-FRIDAY 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM at R.C. Commission on Aging (422 City Avenue, Beckley)
RGH has partnered with the Commission on Aging to provide you with the proper equipment to work out on your own. Before beginning, stop by on a Tuesday or Thursday between 9:00 - 11:00 AM for an evaluation by the fitness trainer.
– EVERY THURSDAY 10:30 - 11:30 AM - Beckley YMCA
– EVERY TUESDAY 6:00 - 7:00 PM at RGH Sports Medicine/Rehab Building (Behind Hospital off Carriage Drive)
Yoga is the bringing together of physical, emotional and spiritual parts of ourselves. While building your body strength doing yoga, you are also improving your cardiac and pulmonary systems.
– EVERY MONDAY AND FRIDAY 6:00 - 6:45 PM at the Beckley YMCA
This is a total workout to tone and shape your body.
– EVERY TUESDAY AND THURSDAY 7:30 - 8:30 AM; 9:00 - 10:00 AM (Tuesday); and 9:00 - 10:00 AM (Thursday) at the Beckley YMCA
Water aerobics enables you to burn up calories much more efficiently. During 30 minutes of jogging you would normally burn 240 calories while during deep water walking you could burn 340 calories. No appointment necessary. Please arrive no more than 30 minutes before class time.